Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Unknown


Sooo I have not found my reason for having pots. What is behind all of symptoms?? Many people develop pots after a viral or bacterial infections. Others get it after a major trauma or stress in their lives. Pots can be caused by pregnancy or by another illness. Even though my symptoms did not appear till 6months after I gave birth to my son I still believe there is another illness other than fibromyalgia that caused my pots. While doing research(something that I am always doing) I found out pots can be linked to the following:

Fibromyalgia
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Marfan Syndrome
Collagen Imperfecta
Shy-Drager Syndrome
Genetics, as in the case of the Jewish-based Familial Dysautonomia
Pregnancy
Autoimmune Diseases
Parkinson’s Disease
Brain Injury
Physical Trauma
Deconditioning
Viral Illnesses
Chemical/Toxin Exposures
Breast implant surgery
Extreme Stress
*Dysautonomias caused by viral infections, toxic exposures, or trauma often have a rather sudden onset.

I'm pretty sure that there are more. More research needs to be done about this. More doctors need to learn about this disorder. I am so sick of hearing "Oh, you just need to exercise!." "It's all in your head,maybe you should see a psychiatrist,"  Well I can barely walk without fainting, and I do see a psychiatrist so I'm fine in that area. People that are writing these articles in the New York Times and Huffington Post have no idea about pots. I feel as though they try to "sugar-coat" the symptoms and the severity of this illness. Everyone just blows it off.

I am soo sick of going to my local doctors and being misunderstood and put on more medications, medications just to mask certain issues instead of dealing with problem. The only thing they hear or understand is Tachycardia "Oh, there is medicine you can take that will control that," No,shit Sherlock. Tell me something else I don't know.

I feel as though I know more that the doctor to when it comes to pots. Hopefully I will have at least some of my questions answered. I would like all of them answered but then I would be asking for too much. I hope that more people will understand and learn about this illness, I hope one day that there will be a cure. I hope to a "normal" person again, this kind of "normal" isn't working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment